NBE Therapeutics AG, a rapidly growing Basel-based biotechnology company, is committed to the development of next generation antibody drug conjugates for the treatment of cancer. We are looking for a highly motivated:
Scientist in vivo models 100% (m/f)
We are looking for a scientist specialized in mouse tumor models to manage the In Vivo Unit and pre-clinical research studies at NBE-Therapeutics. The animal studies to be performed will help characterize the anti-tumor efficacy, pharmacokinetics and toxicity of novel antibody drug conjugates (ADCs).
As the team is still small, we are looking for an initiative and self-dependent team player, who likes to work in an environment, where everyone’s performance has an impact and who likes to be part of the start-up team supporting the company’s further growth.
- Manage the animal facility
- Lead, train and supervise the In Vivo Unit team and organize their continuing education
- Write and submit animal experimentation licence applications and annual reports to the cantonal authorities
- Plan animal experiments in close collaboration with other NBE scientists
- Conduct research studies in mouse tumor models, including transplantation of tumor cells or pieces, administration of ADCs, anaesthesia, and blood sampling
- Present ongoing work and findings at internal meetings
- Accurate documentation of data in the form of electronic laboratory notebooks
- PhD degree in biology, immunology or related discipline, with a minimum of 2-3 years post-doctoral experience in animal experimentation and mouse tumor models
- Strong experience in handling mice, performing basic procedures like bleeding and injection (intravenous, intraperitoneal, subcutaneous and oral gavage), basic mouse surgery
- Extraordinary attention to details
- Proven organizational skills, project leadership capability, and highly motivated to advance preclinical programs
- Flexible with regard to working hours and able to accommodate changing priorities, timelines or tasks
- Good command of the English language; German desirable
- LTK1 module, updated credits/days for continuing animal education; LTK2 module highly desirable
We look forward to receiving your application, which you may send to: email@example.com. For more information, please feel free to call: +41-61-633-2230.