What we do at UniSieve Ltd:
UniSieve is a Swiss cleantech company headquartered in the heart of Zurich. Our mission is to challenge state-of-the-art purification and separation that today consumes over 10% of the total global energy. Most products on this planet build on purified chemicals and energy carriers. The UniSieve next generation membranes can save up to 90% of separation energy, drastically reduce CO2 emissions and increase circularity. The platform technology has the potential to be applied to numerous applications in various industries. At the moment UniSieve focuses on the purification of propylene, biogas, and hydrogen, resources that need to be purified to be applicable as an energy carrier or base chemicals. Over the last years, the dedicated UniSieve team scaled up a unique membrane technology in collaboration with partners and customers. Now, we are looking forward to completing commercial validation and enabling our customers in saving energy, reducing CO2 emissions, and increasing circularity.
A core element of UniSieve’s product are membrane cartridges that can perform molecular separations. The membranes and cartridges are produced by UniSieve internally, and in collaboration with contractors. The Senior Specialist R&D Engineer will be developing and scaling up UniSieve’s membrane technology:
• Design and conduct laboratory experiments contributing to new product developments and optimizations including following core areas: o Compounding o Polymer coatings o Chemical reactions o Adhesives
• Coach your colleagues during the development process
• Develop and conduct product testing series in teams and on your own
• Identify potential product errors and develop mitigations strategies
• Sourcing of suitable materials needed for the development process
• Support the coordination of projects with contractors
• Track, monitor, and report the project progress and deliverables
• Master’s degree in chemistry, materials science focussing on membrane science
• 12+ years plus of working experience in membrane development.
• You are experienced with polymer material characteristics and coatings
• Strong motivation to tackle challenges and contribute to our UniSieve goals
• Team player: exchange of know-how within the team will be key to progress
• Coaching: you are experienced in prioritising tasks, setting goals and measure them on your own and in teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (company language) and very good German.
• Growth mindset: you like to take responsibility in the fast-paced environment of UniSieve and are ready to handle dynamic developments and surprises.
What we offer:
• Impact: join our cleantech company to make a real difference for a sustainable future • Be part of our dynamic, diverse, and welcoming team and grow with us.
• Challenge: plenty of opportunities to learn from different exciting challenges at UniSieve
• Your work counts: experience daily the progress your contribution adds to UniSieve’s mission
• Central and modern working environment: UniSieve is in the heart of Zurich, Oerlikon. We provide an attractive working place with standing desks at the latest IT infrastructure. Join us during active breaks for yoga, functional training, running, a quick swim in the Limmat, or some basketball. Available lockers, showers, and a free gym room are allocated at the offices.
We are looking forward to receiving your application and meeting you in person!