Swiss Himmel GMBH is looking for a PL1 developer with hands-on Business Analysis and Application Development skills for our banking client in Switzerland.
As a Mainframe Developer, The candidate must :
- Be responsible for the management of all aspects of data and information (both structured and unstructured) from business requirements to logical and physical design in a IT solution.
- Cover a scope that spans the full information management lifecycle from data acquisition, data cleansing, transformation, classify and storage to presentation, distribution, security, privacy and archiving.
- Manage all aspects of function, data information based on a physical data design, along with functional design provided by an architect.
- Transform designs into IT solutions, including PL1, JCL, DB2 and OPC. Complex SQL's, basic REXX and OPC.
- Working knowledge on tools like Changeman, Endevor, SCLM, Tracemaster & Xpeditor, Fileaid, Insync, QMF, Infoman SDF
- Successfully deliver code, unit test, and support defect management
- Conduct performance tuning of all backend jobs
- Bring in best practices across all modules using Data Modeling (How to best partition based on the data distribution, and to optimize for front end application)
- Automate / touchless application design and unit testing for all designs
- Modernize mainframe applications
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Relevant years of experience as Developer in development & maintenance environments involving z/OS, PL1, DB2;
- Extensive experience in developing batch jobs using JCL
- Working knowledge of REST APIs including z/OS Connect EE
- Ability to handle daily scrums and work closely with leads and scrum master and product owners to provide status on timely basis
- Ability to prepare install scripts and code promotion procedure as well as build automation
- Demonstrable experience in designing Physical Data Model, Logical Model & Modeling Techniques
- Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Knowledge of Design Information System Architecture
- Additional advantage knowing z-test
- Ability to pick up new areas and work on a Consultant Projects