Action for Development is an NGO with offices in Geneva (Switzerland) and Kabul (Afghanistan).
AfD aims to ensure that funding for health and community development programs are spent in ways that maximize its impact, partnering with local organisations at the grass roots level. The main focus areas of our programmes are strategic health facilities management, maternal, neonatal and child health services expansion, family planning, water, sanitation and hygiene, women's empowerment, capacity building and education. In 2014, AfD was granted consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
The HR Administrator will assist in posting job opportunities, screening and assisting with interviewing candidates, will prepare contracts and ensure compliance with all Swiss labor laws. Any other administrative tasks, based on the candidate's and the organisation's interest. (assist in other projects such as proposal submittals, communication, translation or fundraising).
- Assist in recruitment, keep track of staff (employees, volunteers, Interns) contracts, manage Onboarding and Offboarding Processes.
- Be the main point of contract for all things payroll related e.g. Impôt à la source, social insurance etc. ensuring that AfD is in compliance with Swiss Labor Law
- Take ownership of the filing system, both paper and virtual, to ensure it is all up to date and intuitive.
- Assist and collaborate with project proposal preparation, by bringing ideas, proof-reading and/or assisting with translation to or from English.
- Graduate degree in Finance, Human Resources or a similar field, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience preferably with international organizations, administration, or project management.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken. Fluency in French would be an asset.
- Detail oriented, good organizational skills and the ability to work in a team, and also independently
- Good knowledge of Swiss social system and legislation as well as tax regulations
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Previous experience in multicultural environment
Terms of the Contract
- Please note that this is an unpaid part-time volunteer position
- Time Commitment: min. 16 hours per week
- Start date: 15 July 2019
- AfD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for this opportunity without regard to age, colour, religion, gender and origin.
- Interested candidates are invited to send applications with CV/resume and letter of motivation to: email@example.com
To learn more about AfD, please visit our website: www.actfordev.org