About the Position
The Administrative Assistant in this role will provide administrative support for the Community engagement team. Successful candidate will be a well-organized, flexible individual with strong verbal and written communication skills who thrives in a fast-paced, globally diverse environment. The ideal Assistant will have the skills to work independently, and under pressure at times, to handle multiple priorities, activities and confidential matters with discretion and balance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage an extremely active global appointment calendar; work closely with the Senior Director, Global Engagement to keep him/her well informed of upcoming time commitments and requirements.
- Ensure pre- and post-meeting materials are prepared and distributed to Senior Director Global Engagement on a timely basis. This includes managing a timeline for requesting materials and following up on outstanding submissions.
- Organize meetings and ensure pre- and post meeting materials are prepared and distributed to Senior Director Global Engagement on a timely basis and to meeting attendees. This includes managing a timeline for requesting materials and following up on outstanding submissions.
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously, proactively and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Act as a single point of reference and coordinator for key work in progress and be able to provide an up-to-date view of the status of specific projects.
- Develop a general awareness of team requirements and challenges and use initiative to anticipate and resolve issues and/or provide solutions as required in order to facilitate the Senior Director Global Engagement ability to focus and prioritize.
- Monitor and respond, in a timely and accurate manner to incoming general correspondence, email and invitations, many of which will be sensitive or confidential in nature.
- Upon request, attend meetings to record minutes; compile, transcribe and distribute minutes.
- Assist the Community engagement team and Grant Manager with administrative duties, such as updating various Chapter and project records in the Association Management System
- Assist the Community Engagement team and Grant Manager with data gathering and reporting as needed
- Assist the Community Engagement team with workshop preparations and travel fellowship arrangements as appropriate.
- 5 + years of experience supporting senior level staff within a global organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment with geographically diverse individuals and organizations and interact quickly and skillfully with different internal and external constituencies in order to achieve goals.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to perform and prioritize multiple, constantly changing tasks concurrently with an excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive, solution-oriented approach to collaboration with strong decision-making capability in order to guide assigned projects to successful conclusions.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English a must. Additional languages will be considered a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Solid knowledge of scheduling both domestic and international travel for management.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including experience with coordination of complex meetings in multiple time zones.
- Commitment to ISOC’s organizational mission, vision and values.
Applicants should forward the attached application, resume, cover letter, along with any other relevant materials email@example.com.