Develop and support Audio-over-IP distribution systems. Join Barix, a globally recognized technology provider in the Audio over IP space.
Barix AG is looking for a Linux Audio Engineer to work in our offices located in Aveiro, Portugal. We are looking for someone with experience in the audio processing field, preferably in Linux embedded devices.
Together with a team of professional and talented colleagues you will have the opportunity to shape your job and contribute developing BARIX solutions that are used in multiple applications around the world.
As a Barix employee, YOU are the key to our success. Come join our dynamic international team and be a part of our exciting business. We offer a stimulating and challenging job in our small agile company with truly international reach.
- Development of Audio-over-IP applications for broadcast, paging and retail markets
- Contribute to maintain and update Barix’s HW and SW development platform
- Benchmarking of analog and digital audio characteristics
- Support internal and external development teams in debugging solutions
Professional Qualifications Required to Succeed
- University degree in computer science, telecommunications or electrical engineering
- Proficient skills in integration of HW and SW solutions
- Capability to understand complex systems
- Ability to read HW design schematics and PCB layouts
- Bootloader, Linux Kernel and codec driver patching abilities
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++ programming languages on embedded systems
- Scripting mastery in Python, bash and ideally LUA
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP, RTP and SIP protocols
- Previous experience in audio processing in real-time applications
- Practical knowledge of encoding and decoding algorithms
- ALSA framework configuration skills
- Systematic way of working using planning tools in agile teams (e.g. Jira)
- Familiar with source code management tools (e.g. BitBucket)
- Reliability in technical documentation writing
- Willingness to adapt to new technologies in an international fast-paced environment
- Local and remote team-player with good communication skills
- Fluent in English
What we offer
- High level of independence and responsibility in a small agile technology company
- Exposure to a truly international business with relationships and clients around the world
- A multi-cultural team of motivated workers
- A successful technology company that is in existence for over 15 years