Position Summary: VP DevOps & IT
Experience: 5+ years of experience in a related position
Education: M.S./B.S. in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
Functional Area: R&D
Location Detail: Switzerland - Switzerland
Travel Requirement: Up to 10%
Salary Range: Competitive
Number of openings: 1
Toradex is a leader in embedded computing, serving innovative products to industrial, medical, automotive & IoT companies creating feature-rich & intelligent systems for demanding applications, e.g. supercars, self-driving tractors, patient monitoring systems – to name a few. We rely on exceptional engineering, modern infrastructure & advanced automation to consistently & rapidly deliver the latest & greatest hardware & software to our customers.
Oversee hardware, software & IT release engineering & operational support by leading the teams performing QA/VaV, CI/CD automation, IT and engineering support.
The DevOps & IT group handles the release & lifecycle support operations of Toradex’s R&D department, taking responsibility for the production-end of the product development cycle. This includes the release & operational support of both our hardware & software products as well as the company’s internal IT infrastructure and software tools & services.
In this role, you will report to the CTO, interface with other VPs & product managers and oversee a group of 4 engineering teams (2-5 people per team): QA, Automation, IT and Customer Engineering Support.
The DevOps & IT group closely coordinates with:
- The Marketing department to jointly plan product releases,
- The Product Development group to provide DevOps support & facilitate CI/CD operations,
- The Business Processes department to ensure quality, compliance, lifecycle and other business standards & processes are satisfied and
- The Sales department to provide advanced 3rd level Customer Engineering Support.
As the leader of the group, you must provide both technical leadership as well as perform managerial roles to empower these teams. You must coalesce the Quality, Compliance, Automation, IT & Engineering Support needs of various stakeholders to provide technical direction to the group’s engineering teams and optimize execution efficiency & effectiveness.
Your performance will be measured using the following metrics:
- Product release efficiency & quality,
- Continuous improvement and project milestones and
- Overall stakeholder satisfaction.
Please note, that we only accept applicants with Swiss or EU/EFTA citizenship or applicants with an existing and valid residence and work permit for Switzerland.
Apply Link: https://careers.toradex.com/career/job/view?code=TDX_CH_VPD_2019-04-02
Roles & Responsibilities
- Champion group-level objectives, including:
- DevOps principles & methodology
- Product & service quality
- Automation & reproducibility
- Supportability & maintainability
- Configuration management
- IT excellence & information security
- Oversee DevOps & IT strategy
- Provide direction on IT infrastructure & DevOps improvement projects
- Establish a proactive information security posture
- Work collaboratively with other stakeholders to plan product, service and feature releases:
- Group budgeting, prioritization, risk management
- Manage team leads directly reporting to you
Desired Candidate Profile
- Thoughtful & effective leader & manager
- Systems thinker who values quality, efficiency and continuous improvement
- Can balance & prioritize many simultaneous objectives
- High-integrity, honest, open, communicative, team player, self-driven, self-motivated and thorough professional
- Excellent communication skills – fluent English language skills in reading / writing / speaking / presentations
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience administering Agile & DevOps methodologies
- Familiar with Test Driven Development and test automation
- Familiar with CI/CD implementation, tooling & services
- Experience with product lifecycle management & managing product releases
- Knowledge of IT concepts, including virtualization, networking, storage, database & system administration
- Knowledge of Linux & Kubernetes administration
- Experience with hardware, software and/or IT quality management