Position Summary: We are looking for a Technical Sales Engineer located in Northern Europe to further drive the regional sales activities.
Experience: 5+ years’ experience in embedded systems, electronics or computer hardware
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field with technical sales experience
Functional Area: Sales / Business Development
Location: Northern Europe (NL, DK, UK) - Switzerland (HQ)/Europe
Travel Requirement: Travel for exhibitions and customer visits (up to 25%)
Salary Range: Competitive
Number of openings: 1
Toradex ® is a leader in embedded computing, serving innovative products to industrial, medical, automotive & IoT companies creating feature-rich & intelligent systems for demanding applications, e.g. supercars, self-driving tractors, patient monitoring systems – to name a few. Our products are directly sold to more than 3'000 industrial customers in over 70 different countries worldwide.
We are looking for a Technical Sales Engineer owning and driving local sales activities in Northern Europe (Northern-Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, UK). The responsibility encompasses all steps from identifying potential leads down to building lasting relations with customers by employing the full array of sales and account management tools to achieve sustainable, profitable growth in this specific region. Place of work will be from within the region assigned, complemented with regular visits to the HQ in Horw, Switzerland.
In this position, you will be the voice of our customers and collaborate with application engineers and development teams as well as our technology partners. Strong communication & technical skills are necessary to showcase the superior value of solutions designed with Toradex products. Occasional travel will be required.
Please note, that we only accept applicants with Swiss or EU/EFTA citizenship.
Apply Link: https://careers.toradex.com/career/job/view?code=TDX_CH_TSM_EU-N_2019-07-31
Roles & Responsibilities
- Own and drive the overall sales process from identifying leads to the successful commissioning of projects and support services.
- Maintain long-term relations with customers and become their trusted, reliable partner and key interface to Toradex.
- Organize, manage and actively build a sustainable pipeline of new opportunities to support the growth of our business in Switzerland.
- Work closely with customers and our Field Applications Engineers to identify profitable sales potential and present solutions based on Toradex products and services.
- Visit customers on site and showcase the superior technical values of Toradex products, and occasionally provide pre-sales support together with Field Applications Engineers.
- Take the lead at exhibitions and conferences to promote Toradex products and interface with potential customers to drive new project acquisition.
- Track assigned opportunities, capture customer requirements and project progress. Perform periodical customer follow-ups where required.
- Travel for exhibitions and customer visits (up to 25%)
Desired Candidate Profile
- Passionate about selling Toradex technology solutions into new customer products
- Understand and appreciate the diverse range of applications across different industries
- High-integrity, honest, open, communicative, team player, self-driven, self-motivated and thorough professional
- Excellent communication skills – fluent German and English language skills in reading/writing/speaking/presentations