We are looking to hire a Sr Economist to work in the area of token economics. The DFINITY platform deploys native tokens to be used in its ecosystem for a variety of purposes such as staking, security deposits, payments, transaction fees, voting, rewards and penalties. We are hiring a candidate with a research background to analyze the complex economic interactions that occur on the different levels of the DFINITY platform and ecosystem.
- Conduct research and analysis in any of the following areas: economics of decentralized protocols, token economics, mathematical modelling, simulations, incentive schemes, game theory, interaction between token and real-world economics.
- Deliver good internal documentation regarding the conducted research and analysis
- Work towards publishing results in peer-reviewed publications
- Represent the foundation in academic and industry conferences
- Build and maintain relationships with research organizations in economics
- Work together with a team of other researchers that will growing with timeThe Employer may assign other tasks or responsibilities to the Employee, provided that they correspond to his education and abilities.
- PhD in Economics AND 4+ years’ experience
- Experience building forecasting models
- Experience using time series analysis techniques
- 5+ years of experience in mathematical programming libraries (such as R, Weka, Matlab, SAS)
- Ability to educate others on statistical methods
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple organizations in the company
- Strong knowledge of statistics and probability.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently