The Permanent Mission of South Africa to the United
Nations at Geneva and other International Organizations
in Switzerland, Geneva, seeks for Cook for Official Residence
1 x Cook (Senior Domestic Worker)
The South African Permanent Mission in Geneva is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and a qualified Cook to assist in the running of the Official Residence catering requirements.
Job responsibilities and competencies amongst others include the following:
- Relevant experience in managing a busy kitchen;
- Relevant experience in cooking and catering for official functions;
- Knowledge of cooking a variety of cuisines;
- Ordering and monitoring food supplies;
- Knowledge of preparing and cooking South African cuisine will be an added advantage;
- Be able to speak, read and write in English and have a valid Swiss residential permit;
- Proficiency in French will be an added advantage; and
- Knowledge and familiarity with Geneva and sourcing of ingredients in the local markets will be given strong consideration
The remuneration for the successful candidate will be based on the skills, educational level and relevant experience in the field.
The successful candidate to serve the probation period in accordance to Swiss regulation
The comprehensive CV, qualifications and all supportive documents to be translated to English if it is in Foreign Language.
The references letters which are in Foreign Language to be translated to English
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews and may have to demonstrate their cooking abilities and skills before he/she is appointed.
Closing date for application: 19 March 2021
Please forward comprehensive application with your CV and qualifications to:
South African Permanent Mission
Attn: Ms L Manthada
65 Rue du Rhone
N.B Foreign Language documents translated to English
Or mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and send the original application documents by post.