Fortior Law is a boutique dispute resolution practice with offices in Geneva, Dubai and Kiev. We specialise in international trade and shipping and are expanding into international trade law.
We are looking for a Senior Associate with experience in international trade law and strong legal and trade policy professional with demonstrated expertise in Anti-Dumping, Price Undertaking, CVD, Safeguards, Government Procurement, Competition Law and Policy, as well as Arbitration, European Law, and Dispute Resolution. This position requires knowledge of relevant WTO agreements and the WTO system. Excellent communication and legal drafting skills and ability to work in multicultural/diverse teams and to advise clients across a multitude of jurisdictions and international settings. Your excellent judgement and strong analytical skills are required in order to discharge good steady working within comparatively new areas of practice for our firm. You’ll be keen to teach about this area of law and understand how it interacts with World Trade Organization law. As a new area explorer, we’re passionate about development and we’ll expect you to be proactive in developing your legal skills in this area.
Based in the heart of Geneva, we are a friendly firm with a passion for our innovative work.
The role will involve:
- Supervision of associates and administrative staff;
- Managing dispute resolution proceedings as well as anti-dumping investigations;
- Transactional work in relation to shipping and international trade projects;
- Attending conferences and participating in forums on related subjects.
The successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
- Bar admission in either of USA, England or Australia;
- At least 5 years of experience (including any training contract) in international trade, WTO law and anti-dumping investigations (experiences of price undertaking negotiation & compliance are an asset);
- Common Law Country (USA, UK or Australia) degree in law (including international trade law and public international law), knowledge of international, legal and economic principles and issues, adjudicative process and practice.
- With a good knowledge/experience of USA & Asian market.
- Native or fluent English speaker (French and Mandarin language is an asset).
- Flexible work schedules;
- Attractive remuneration package;
- Company benefits;
- Attractive holiday schedule.
Please follow the application below. Applications should be accompanied by a CV and a writing sample (ideally a pleading).