The role of the ISSA Secretary is one of the two key positions within ISSA, and is as the right hand of the CEO on all aspects of running the association. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Board of Directors, CEO office and Operating Committees in organizing meetings, minutes and publishing the outcomes.
- Leading the organization and delivery of the Symposium, including input into the format.
- Representing ISSA at industry events or conferences.
- Creation and distribution of newsletters, social media posts and other collateral highlighting ISSA’s value.
- Maintaining contact with financial media and journalists.
- Responding to all inbound queries to ISSA.
- Support of the CEO with membership acquisition.
- Membership administration, communication, query management.
- Ownership of the ISSA website including generating or sourcing content and format.
- Maintenance of the Associations by-laws, and correspondence with the Registry of Commerce.
- Maintenance of the ISSA corporate archive and files.
- Supervise the accounting processes including VAT and tax returns.
- Maintenance of all distribution lists across the various groups involved in ISSA.
It is envisaged that the role is a part time (50%) role but suitable candidates who would prefer 40% or 60% should apply as we have options to balance some of the workload.
- Extensive knowledge of the Securities Industry.
- History of working with or within global organizations.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Fluency in English and German.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and publishing packages.
- Social media awareness and competence.
- Basic accounting & tax knowledge for Swiss accounting standards.
- Ability to present to large audiences with clarity and knowledge of the ISSA topics.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Whilst this is a part time role the 3 weeks before the Symposium needs full time effort.