Do you want to support banks and insurance companies to vet their clients for good environmental practices, and better manage risky projects from pipelines in Canada, to copper mines in Congo and fish farms in Thailand? Do you want to help companies worldwide identify those suppliers that use child and forced labor? Do you want to support the world’s largest and most sophisticated wealth managers to abstain from investing in companies with critical ESG risk exposure, while delivering above-market returns? Moreover, do you want to ensure that the metrics that we feed daily into compliance and supplier management tools as well as portfolio management systems reflect our clients’ policies and risk appetite?
If the answer to the above is yes, then join the RepRisk Client Solutions team and apply your statistical, modeling and data discovery skills to an unbroken time series of ten years of daily ESG risk data, on more than 100,000 companies and 25,000 projects in almost 200 countries and territories. You will work closely with the Client Service and Sales team to further improve and develop our metrics, and to customize the data offering in line with what our clients and prospects demand.
We are looking for someone who can extract solid evidence and insights from data, as well as understand client needs. As such, you will also review all existing metrics, refine the documentation, and educate users and colleagues on the characteristics of our metrics and indicators.
The position reports to the Manager Client Solutions within Sales and Marketing.
- Review, validate, and refine current metrics (RepRisk Index, RepRisk Rating, violator indices, country-sector analytics, metrics used for quant investors, etc.)
- Improve technical documentation and compile guidance material for the Sales and Client Services teams and clients
- Perform training sessions internally and for clients and participate in calls with prospects
- Assure quality of Data Feeds in close collaboration with Client Services and IT teams
- Manage challenging client requests related to quantitative applications and metrics
- Develop new metrics (e.g. supplier and issue-specific metrics, indicators with predictive power for investment applications), and generate data-driven insights related to business conduct risks, as well as related to different countries, sectors, issues and trends
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in applied mathematics, statistics, econometrics, natural or social sciences, or engineering with a strong foundation in quantiative methods and modeling
- Strong interest in real-world problems and analytical skills to come up with workable solutions
- Curiosity to learn about business and financial services, especially banking, insurance, or investment management, as well as business conduct and sustainability
- Ability to deal with big sets of data and advanced experience in the corresponding software packages
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English (including editing), interest in dealing with clients, the Client Services, Sales, and Marketing teams, as well as software developers
- A team player who loves to work in a highly diverse team and across functions
- You are reliable, curious, open-minded and goal oriented, while striving to deliver operational excellence and superior quality
What We Offer
- The world’s best data and technology with respect to business conduct and ESG risks
- An entrepreneurial, international and young work environment
- A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change
- A long-term employment opportunity at a growing global company
APPLY on https://reprisk.formstack.com/forms/reprisk_quantitative_analyst_data_scientist_2018