We are looking to hire a Journalist at 20-40% who can prepare and conduct interviews with TWISPER ambassadors, partners and clients. In addition, the position also requires writing news stories, features and articles for magasines, journals and newspapers; in both print and online including the TWISPER’s blog and app.
Discover the world with the people you trust.
Available for Android and iOS as of last December, the new Swiss start-up TWISPER INTERNATIONAL SA has launched a new app that will have a positive impact on the market of digital recommendations for both users and businesses in the field of gastronomy and hospitality. TWISPER is a social network that is all about positivity and transparency. The app deliberately has no algorithms or rating systems. Users get suggestions exclusively from their own circle of friends for great places to eat, drink and sleep. Consequently, on TWISPER there is no paid advertising for recommended places or fake profiles. Users data belongs to them and is exclusively used on the app. In this way, TWISPER ensures that the character of the app remains distinctive: easy, unique and positive.
As the Journalist, you will be tasked with coordinating interviews and ensuring they convert into quality written content in order to increase the exposure of the TWISPER brand, the understanding of TWISPER values and TWISPER’s engagement in positive actions.
- Research information in different sources to prepare professional, personalised and original interviews
- Conduct high-standard interviews with ambassadors (celebrities), partners (charities, magazines, etc.) or B2B clients (restaurants, hotels and bars)
- Provide guidance to the videographer on editing, including where to cut the video content in order to maximise impact
- Write, edit and submit copies for use in various media (press and blog articles, app & social media publications)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in journalism or content creation
- Strong communication and writing skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to “put people at ease”
- Understanding of corporate marketing & communications
- English & French are required. German & Swiss-German would be strong assets
- Curious mindset, enthusiastic personality and readiness to travel in Europe