Position Summary: Provide primary IT support for our headquarters and participate in CI/CD automation service administration
Experience: 2+ years
Education: Graduate in Computer Engineering
Functional Area: DevOps & IT
Location: Horw - Switzerland (HQ)/Europe
Travel Requirement: Up to 10%
Salary Range: Competitive
Number of openings: 1
Toradex is a leader in embedded computing, serving innovative products to industrial, medical, automotive & IoT companies creating feature-rich & intelligent systems for demanding applications, e.g. supercars, self-driving tractors, patient monitoring systems – to name a few. We rely on exceptional engineering, modern infrastructure & advanced automation to consistently & rapidly deliver the latest & greatest hardware & software to our customers.
We are seeking an IT Professional with relevant experience to work in our headquarters in Horw, Lucerne.
Provide primary IT support for our headquarters and participate in CI/CD automation service administration in the DevOps team under R&D.
You will work in the R&D department, primarily with the Toradex IT team in our headquarters. Your projects will include IT and DevOps related tasking such as automation for continuous integration & deployment services, infrastructure orchestration and IT administration for our innovation team and office workstations.
You will have the opportunity to learn a variety of tech while collaborating with our engineers and helping drive our innovative software ecosystem forward. Some of the technologies we work with include Linux, Kubernetes, Rancher, Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, Slack, Docker, KVM, Yocto Project and more. Are you ready to nerd out?
Please note, that we only accept applicants with Swiss or EU/EFTA citizenship or applicants with an existing and valid residence and work permit for Switzerland.
Apply Link: https://careers.toradex.com/career/job/view?code=TDX_CH_JIT_2019-04-30
Roles & Responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities IT
- Provide 1st and 2nd Level IT Support: Ensure smooth functioning of user and branch office computer hardware and peripherals.
- Assist the evaluation of new IT tools and hardware and provide recommendations.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on all branch IT infrastructure
- Help diagnose and solve hardware and software issues. Analyze application logs to spot trends and underlying issues.
- Escalate and coordination issues/task with global IT team for resolving network, server and datacenter related issues.
Roles & Responsibilities DevOps
- As part of our DevOps team you will be able to learn best DevOps best practices from our DevOps engineers and contribute to our DevOps infrastructure (automation/orchestration, CI/CD, immutable infrastructure, Kubernetes administration, etc.)
Desired Candidate Profile
- A degree in the field of computer engineering is desired. Scripting and programming experience relevant to basic system administration, as well as knowledge of computer hardware
- Knowledge in the following operating systems/ toolsMicrosoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016
- Ubuntu Linux or any equivalent flavour
- Microsoft Office with Outlook, Anti-Virus, and Backup tools.
- Knowledge of Active Directory management (account & device administration)
- Experience with SMB HP/Cisco network equipment
- Basic Networking Knowledge: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and other SMB networking concepts
- CCNA or similar certification is desired
- Avid learner & problem solver. Excited to tackle new challenges
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Highly motivated