Field Application Engineer (F/M)
Location (city): Bern
SoftAtHome, subsidiary of Orange, provides software products for connectivity, pay TV, Home Networking and the Smart Home. The SoftAtHome Operating Platform is a software platform simplifying and accelerating the deployment of innovative services for the Digital Home. SoftAtHome solutions are deployed with major operators in over 20 million homes in more than 18 countries, in particular within Orange group and Swisscom.
For more information, please refer to: www.softathome.com
You have a key role in our Swisscom projects with a very close contact with our customer’s teams.
You are in charge of providing effective first level support and get the relevant project information, both for Home Gateway and Wi-Fi repeaters products designed by different manufacturers with a large range of chipsets to take into account.
• Qualification follow-up
• Study of main blocking points, retrieval of all setup descriptions, configuration and collect of traces,
• Local training for customer project members
• On site tests executions, functional analysis of pre-versions in advance
• Contribution to one roofs
• Support for tests plans and setups alignment (material, operating mode)
• Contribution to project qualification follow-up
• Regular reporting to remote SoftAtHome teams
• Potential investigation of issues at end user locations
Required Skills :
Profound knowledge of several of the following technical topics:
- Programming languages: C, unix shell programming
- Operating System: Linux
- Software concepts: multi-threading, network programming, client-server applications
2021, February 9th
- Networking: knowledge of data communication concepts and services applicable for TCP/IP stacks - ETH, VLAN, IPv4/v6 Routing, Bridging, HTTP, SOAP, Firewall, NAT, etc.
- WLAN: IEEE 802.11, WDS, band steering, client steering, DFS channels management
- VOIP development: SIP, MGCP, H323, VOIP DSP drivers
- Good understanding of the linux driver models, specifically in the areas of (wireless) network, USB and ATM drivers
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
You graduated with a Masters in electronics or software engineering. You have at least 2 years of total experience in the field of embedded software, preferably network or telecom oriented.
- Dynamic and innovative company with international dimension
- Support deployment of cutting edge technologies with an operator leader on its market
- Job with strong internal and external exposure with a wide range of stakeholders (France, Belgium, Switzerland).
- Small size-teams valuing exchange.