To apply, please go the the following link: http://jobs.seedstars.com/apply/M3QkHvvph8/Event-Project-Manager-Internship
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About Seedstars Summit
At Seedstars Summit, we reunite the top players interested to connect, build and invest in emerging markets. It is the biggest Entrepreneurship and Innovation Forum for emerging markets and the Global Summit takes place in Lausanne in April. Check - out our Seedstars Summit 2017 After movie below:
About the job
Our internship program works with talented young people to help them develop core skills, learn more about the different startup ecosystems and make an impact in our business. It's a great opportunity to play an important role in organising one of the largest event dedicated to startups and emerging markets world wide.
With this internship, you will get involved with the organisation of our Global Summit to be held in April 2018 in Lausanne, Switzerland and you will be working side by side with our event coordinator from Seedspace, our co-working space in Geneva.
The tasks include but are not limited to:
- Planning, implementation and follow-up for the next edition of the Global Seedstars Summit
- Assist with all other event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post event wrap-up
Operations & Logistics
- Coordinate event logistics such as registration, hotel, catering, transportation, activities…
- Supervise and coordinate with event contractors.
- Order, distribute, and manage all event materials and execution items
- Work on the tickets sales strategy
Marketing & communication
- Prepare event content
- Develop and implement marketing plans and materials,
- Maintenance of website
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
- Excellent ability to read, write and speak English
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
- An ability to connect - comfortable in new environments and more importantly loving engaging with new people and circumstances. You must be able to network and connect with different types of of people.
- Creativity & team player - The challenges faced are massive and constant and you should see these challenges as experiences and will need to be creative to solve those problems. In order to scale and grow successfully, the quality of listening and generating relevant feedback from your team and outside partners/customers is fundamental.
Benefits and perks
- Invitation & Participation to full event (Bootcamp & Summit) in the Global Seedstars Summit in Switzerland
- Exposure to cultures and ecosystems from over 70 countries
- Build your network in emerging markets of tech entrepreneurs and investors
- Join a young, passionate, hungry and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
- Upon successful completion of the internship, a full time position as part of the team may be presented
- Access to our internal Academy with dedicated courses on growth hacking, finance or online marketing.