Medows is working with exciting life sciences start-ups and growth-stage companies to launch products, accelerate business growth and drive adoption of their therapies in the market. We are a consulting team and specialised data provider working with companies from the life-sciences, digital health and related industries to support their go-to-market strategies, market- and business development, and fundraising. Our clients are scale-up and growth-stage start-ups, SME’s and European headquarters of multinational companies. We also provide due diligence services to leading financial institutions and private investors and we aredeveloping a Big Data offering specifically for EU MedTech clients.
We are looking for a Business Consultant to work on client projects including strategy and roadmap definition, market and opportunity analysis, go-to-market, marketing and sales strategy, technology solutions, medical market development, and fundraising. You will be joining the Medows leadership team to help us expand and grow our offerings and business serving growth-stage start-ups and multinational clients.
The ideal candidate has a degree in life-sciences/(medical) technology related field or in business/economics with at least 4 – 6 years of work experience as a consultant or advisor in a life-sciences related field and is looking to work in a start-up environment. This is a mid- to senior- level position and requires a good amount of previous work experience.
The position will be based in the Lausanne – Geneva region, with a moderate amount of travel in Switzerland and neighboring countries.
Who are we looking for?
With a proven track record of delivery, the successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the critical issues impacting the European healthcare care systems and of the MedTech and Life-Sciences industry that operate in them to support client firms in their scale-up and commercial initiatives.
- Work on client projects and deliverables by independently structuring own work plan and supporting all aspects of project delivery, from desk research, study of scientific publications, data collection and analysis, conducting primary market research and interviews, preparing client deliverables in form of reports, PPT, data visualization and others, reporting to the Medows Leadership team
- Work with a small team of junior consultants, data experts and project managers to manage deliverables, automate internal processes and develop tools
- Support the growth and expansion of our business in Europe, including business development and driving the creation and expansion of our databases of European healthcare system data to be used in most aspects of our engagements
- Full time (at least 80%) availability
- University degree in medical (or life-sciences related) technology, business or in economics
- 4 – 6 years of work experience in the MedTech or Life-Sciences industry or as a management consultant (with projects preferably in a life-sciences related field)
- Advanced skill level in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Analytical capacities, financial or business modelling experience is a strong plus, skills in data analytics and visualization (Tableau, SPSS, Python, R etc.)
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent research skills, including demonstrable ability in quantitative and qualitative analysis and hands-on implementation
- Excellent written and spoken English (other European languages a strong plus)
- Industry contacts within the life science and healthcare sectors in Europe and the US a strong plus
What we offer
- A variety of tasks and projects
- Personal development and growth through hands-on working with interesting clients and dealing with their obstacles and challenges
- Building your own network in the MedTech and Life-Sciences industry
- 80 – 100% employment
- Competitive salary in CHF