Position Summary: Senior Field Application Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years in Embedded Systems
Education: Minimum BSc in Electronics Engineering or CS
Functional Area: Technical Customer Support, Sales and Local Marketing
Location Detail: Horw - Switzerland
Travel Requirement: 30 - 40 %
Salary Range: Competitive Salary
Number of openings: 1
Are you a technology enthusiast but don’t want to be focused on just one specific technology? Would you prefer to gain insight into a broad range of industrial products deploying our System-On-Modules instead of coding all day long?
This position at Toradex is a great opportunity for an intrinsically motivated engineer who prefers to be the technical interface between a client’s engineering team and our R&D department.
You may be well suited for this position if you enjoy digging into complex problems while still maintaining a holistic view, mastering both embedded hardware & software. Paired with good communication skills, this position will enable you to assist hundreds of customers to develop products based on the latest technologies.
Please note, that we only accept applicants with Swiss or EU/EFTA citizenship or applicants with a valid residence and work permit for Switzerland.
- Provide Engineering Support to our fast-growing customer base in Europe
- Support our Sales and Development Teams
- Customers across all industry sectors
- Global Product Development Teams
- Key Account Managers at Toradex AG
- Head of Sales Toradex AG in Horw, Switzerland
Roles & Responsibilities
- Interface with customers at the evaluation and design stages and assist them in becoming comfortable with Toradex Computer on Modules
- Analyze customer requirements and develop a range of conceptual solutions including high level system architectures
- Resolve customer issues in collaboration with the development team
- Promote superior technical values of Toradex products
- Support local Marketing activities such as localized documentation, webinars, participation at exhibitions and customer visits
Desired Candidate Profile
- Passionate about integrating Toradex technologies in new customer products
- Understand and appreciate the diverse range of applications across different industries
- High-integrity, honest, open, team player, self-motivated and consummate professional
- Excellent communication skills
- English language skills in reading/writing/speaking comparable to Level C1 CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
Desired Technical Skills
- Detailed experience in ARM computer systems
- Software and hardware debugging skills
- Ability to understand hardware schematics and datasheets
- Understanding I2C/SPI/UART/CAN/Ethernet or other industrial interfaces
- Good knowledge of Embedded Linux.
- Experiences with other embedded operating systems like Windows CE, Android or other RTOS are an advantage.
- Knowledge of BSP and OS Driver concepts
- Experience in C/C++/C#/JAVA programming
- Proven knowledge of computer architectures and GUI frameworks