Working under the supervision of the GSF Programme Manager, the Project Associate will be the focal point for the management & development of the United Nations Global Surgery Learning Hub (“the Hub). The Hub aims to streamline global surgery learning, all in one place. It will provide education and training opportunities to all cadres involved in the delivery of surgical care as well as relevant stakeholders in research, policy, academia, and industry. It is developed in partnership with the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI).
The Project Associate will be responsible for planning and executing the development process, liaising with the key project partners, and preparing the Hub’s official launch.
This position requires an in-depth understanding of (a) developing and manging e-learning environments, (b) project management and (c) delivering high-impact learning experiences that meet the clients’ or users’ specific needs. The Project Associate is also expected to contribute to GSF’s overall organizational and programme development. This is a temporary (6-months) position with potential for renewal based on Candidate performance and availability of project funding. Applicants must be in possession of a valid work permit for Switzerland.
With the guidance of the GSF Programme Manager, the Project Associate will be responsible for the entire implementation of the project. This includes the technical creation of the Hub, all related project management and administrative tasks, external communications, uploading of e-learning resources, management of users, and the further growth of the project.
- Project management
- Create the overall project plan for the entire project based on defined project milestones
- Manage the execution of the project plan in coordination with internal and external stakeholders
- Hub development & management
- Create the technical structure of the Hub, i.e. website & LMS
- Upload content to the Hub
- Define and run trials to ensure correct functioning of the Hub
- Manage coordination of course delivery, including promotional activities, monitoring of discussion forums and problem-solving to address requests from users and adaptation of course material
- Work with the graphic designer to create a distinct visual brand for the Hub
- Support the planning and execution of the official Hub launch event
- Project development & reporting
- Support the expansion of the project by drafting project documents, briefs, presentation
- Create project reports and status updates
- Administration & other tasks
- Prepare, schedule, and follow up on meetings with stakeholders
- Contribute to GSF’s overall organizational and programme development
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field and three years of progressively responsible experience related to eLearning and/or multi-media production.
- At least 2-years of experience in e-learning management or a related field.
- Experience in web development (using tools such as Squarespace, coding experience is not required but advantageous)
- Project management training or project management certification (PMP, CAPM, PRINCE2)
- Prior experience and / or strong interest in global health / global surgery
How to apply
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by 28.08.22 and include:
- Your CV
- A short (1 page max.) cover letter detailing your motivation for applying
- Confirmation of your eligibility to work in Switzerland
- Email addresses of three references
Please use the following email subject: [your name] - GSFC.2022.JP.004.ProjectAssociateHub
Candidates who pass the initial screening may be invited to complete a graded assessment in addition to a first interview.