For our client based in Basel, Michael Bailey Associates is currently looking to hire 2 Linux Systems Engineers for a 1-year contract with the possibility of further extension.
As part of this team, primary responsibilities will include the design, implementation, and maintenance of and third-level support for enterprise-class software and hardware (front and back end) in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment
The team has around 6 members that work on business projects and introduce new technologies to the Bank.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Primary responsibility is to ensure best practice implementation of core server and infrastructure application technologies. To manage and evolve the existing technologies within the sphere of responsibility to ensure a secure, supportable and highly available environment. Responsible for providing a stable infrastructure, network, database and infrastructure application environment for a range of applications as assigned. Additional responsibility is to ensure the maintenance and operations of OpenShift and of the corporate backup platform. The technologies involved are located across two remote data centres (in Zurich and Basel) with extensions to regional offices.
Infrastructure Application Services
To support and maintain business-critical infrastructure applications and their dependencies as assigned. This includes involvement in developing forward-thinking processes ensuring the reliability and suitability of the business of these applications across various industry-leading hardware technologies. The requirement is to be flexible and have a desire to learn new technologies as the role requires. Strong knowledge required of industry best practices for the systems being supported.
Leads (tests, coordinates, and implements) changes related to new releases or design changes to the environment, in cooperation with other internal teams and external service providers.
- 5+ years of experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems administration (Linux engineering) (*****)
- 2 years of experience with OpenShift and container technology (Kubernetes / Docker) (*****)
- 2+ years of experience with automation using Ansible and Ansible Tower (*****)
- Experience with Systems management & provisioning using Red Hat Satellite and Capsules (*****)
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge in backup solutions ideally Networker
- Configuration management using Puppet
- Using Red Hat Identity Management
- Systems monitoring, ideally Nagios and Prometheus
- Scripting, ideally Python, Bash and Perl