- To deliver the Bell One World Nursery / Primary School curriculum.
- To take responsibility for groups of children under the guidance of the Head of Nursery and Primary during the school year
- To provide administrative and operational support to the Head of Nursery and Primary
- To plan activities or lessons relevant to the children’s age and stage of development that conform to the Bell Nursery / Primary Curriculum
2. Class leadership
- To respect the agreed daily timetable in order to prepare the days’ activities and welcome children to the classroom.
To maintain and file accurate attendance registers and arrival and departure sheets.
- To correctly file planning documents.
- To oversee the release of the children into the care of the parents at home time.
- To carry out regular and appropriate observations on children’s play/ learning and development, and relate findings to EYFS Learning Outcomes / Attainment Targets.
- To maintain on-going feedback with parents regarding their child’s progress & development.
- To prepare student progress reports, organise parent appointments and attend Parent’s meetings
- To complete end of year written reports for each child.
- To inform the Head of Nursery and Primary of any behavioural or developmental difficulties noticed in a child so that appropriate action can be taken by the Head of Nursery and Primary.
- To support Nursery events
- To ensure the cleanliness and correct use of toys and equipment
- To prepare Christmas concerts and end of year shows
- To respond to enquiries and pass on the relevant information to the Head of Nursery and Primary.
- To mentor and support Nursery teachers & assistants (new staff) as requested by the Head of Nursery and Primary
- To keep abreast of relevant developments in Nursery and Primary education through literature from the United Kingdom and other sources
- To be willing to attend events (e.g. information sessions, talks, etc.) relevant to the job of Nursery & Primary Teachers
- Maintain a valid First Aid certificate
- Adhere to all statutory regulations and to be familiar with and adhere to Bell safeguarding policies and safety and hygiene standards
- Carry out other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Nursery Manager eg. organise attendance / contributions to exhibitions and events and participate in running the events as requested
- To keep all Bell business information confidential